- See more at: http://talkafrica.co/ta-widget#sthash.ab1pyvA6.dpuf

Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

when things go bad,is Suicide the answer?

Read where a Nigerian actress supposedly attempted suicide, and I’ve been wondering what could have led to such abominable act. What surprises me is that this actress seems so happy with herself, with her job and does not give a damn about ‘dem’ haters-simply put she was full of life. I was ‘kinda’ bewildered when I read that she tried to take her own life, thanks to her friends who were not really far away; we would have been thrown into mourning-again. I still haven’t gotten over Goldie’s demise. Though she regretted the act and has posted on her on her instagram page saying that “suicide is for COWARDS” This kind of took back memory lane when I actually wanted taking my life- from drinking of dettol, taking insecticide and even tried ending it on a rope, you know, tying a rope on the ceiling fan and then you have the other end on your neck (thank goodness the rope wasn’t that strong) , remembering it now just shows how stupid I/it was as well as the reason that led to it then. I know we’ve heard/read about suicide stories and all, so I am asking is suicide really the answer to a problem regardless of how big it is, does suicide end the chances of life getting worse? My take on this, is: suicide can never and has never be a solution to any problem, if anything it eliminates the possibility of life getting any better. Yes!!! It may seem over when the person is gone, what of your loved ones that you left behind? They would have a lot of questions begging for answers, and how sure are you that where you would go after then would be any better? Whatever it is you’re going through, have it in mind that is just a phase, it would pass and as long as there is life, there is hope. Life is too precious to be wasted, don’t play God by trying to end it all. So……..have you been there, is suicide a solution to any problem? Share it, lets learn……………………

No comments: