- See more at: http://talkafrica.co/ta-widget#sthash.ab1pyvA6.dpuf

Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Breaking News: Gov. Ameachi allege that the missing N8 Trillion is in private pockets

 The Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi has said the $49.8bn (N8tn) missing from the Excess Crude Account was in private pockets.

Amaechi also called on the people of Ogoni to fast and pray for God’s intervention so that the Federal Government would release $1bn for the clean-up of the polluted Ogoniland as recommended by the United Nations Environment Programme.

The governor, who spoke at the rescheduled Save Rivers Movement rally in Bori, Khana Local Government Area on Saturday, said the Federal Government should tell Nigerians where it kept the money if it (FG) insisted that the money was not missing.

He said, “They (FG) said no $49.8 bn is missing. If they say $49.8bn is not missing, let them tell us where the money is, let them publish; it is in their pockets.”

Amaechi, who commented on the security provided by the police at the venue of the rally, explained that the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Muhammed Abubakar, made it possible.

“The security you see here is provided by the Inspector-General of Police. I called him and told him I was going to Khana and he graciously agreed to provide us with security. I thank him very much for his sincerity,” he added.

The governor decried calls from some quarters on him not to attend the rescheduled Save Rivers Movement rally in Khana, arguing that as the state governor, he was in charge of every local government area and that those that advised not to attend the rally were ignorant.

He said, “This morning, several persons called me and said ‘don’t go;’ I said ‘okay, give me a reason why I shouldn’t go;’ to send over 2,000 to 3,000 people to Bori for them to be shot and I won’t be there to be shot; will that be fair? If they are going to shoot you, they should shoot me first.

“I want to start by thanking the Inspector-General of Police; I had to call him and I told the IGP that I am going to Khana. I thank him for sending security and I reassured him that Rivers people are peace-loving people.”



Punch


No comments: