- See more at: http://talkafrica.co/ta-widget#sthash.ab1pyvA6.dpuf

Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

 DIARY OF BLOGGER. part 1


Blogging has been something that has been on my mind for the past two years, couldn’t start because I was scared and I thought that starting a blog requires a huge sum of money – because I have to contract a web developer to create the blog site for me considering I was still unemployed and cashless at that moment.
So my younger brother told me about the blogger.com where you can open a blog for free of and is been hosted by blogger so I don’t need to create my own site at least for a start. So now I know its free to own a blog, but there came another fear what do I write, how do I get my audience? and all other things that comes with the blogging business, and I was like there are a lot of bloggers how do I stand out in the multitudes of bloggers out there? With all these in mind, I gave up!!!! Like for real
…….fast forward to one year later, I had a job at least something to manage, not that the job was paying well because the salary get finished even before I receive it and I was almost doing nothing at work, I would just sit with my BB and ping all through the day(smh) until when there is work to do, simply put I was just sitting my life away and no better job was coming my way, inspite of submitting CVs to a million and one public and private firms, it was so frustrating. But then I needed something to hold body and soul, I needed to do something to earn so I would augment the peanuts I was earning as salary. Here is another one, I wanted something I could start with 0 capital, not that I even have any with anyway, I thought of several business but none was workable because they all require a lot of time and I can’t resign from my job despite the fact I was earning peanuts but I still needed “the peanut” LOL, could not let it go…. Confused right???? I was damn confused.
I needed something I could do with only my BIS and BB, and the blogging thing came to mind, I love to write at least, and also good with the motivational thing, there and then I challenged myself to open a blog and that was how ‘’ RITA’S BLOG” was born, it birthed in February a day after Nigeria won the ‘’Africa’s Cup Of Nation, it gave me the nudge I needed and then I started with a congratulatory post in honor of the super eagles and then introducing my blog and its contents, YEAH!!!!!
At this juncture I must appreciate my friends, namely : Uche Helen of Helen Fashion and Beauty in Abuja and my reliable friend and brother Ahmed ; for all their suggestions, encouragement , and support. all these really helped me immensely in a way you guys would never imagined. THANK YOU SWEETHEARTS. you guys rock***KISSKISS***
When I started this blog, despite it was a dream come through. I thought it was the easiest and quickest way to make money, who says there is an easy way to it?? but as days turn to weeks and then months…… my focus have kinda shifted to been passionate about blogging, simply put I now love what am doing and I don’t really care if I get clicks or get popular. But it gives me joy and I have this sense of fulfillment when I update my blog and people gets to read it and commend me for a job well done. E no easy, I swear.
The journey thus far has not been an easy one, I learnt everything on my own considering that so called renowned bloggers refused to help, even when I wrote to them asking them to put me through the route of blogging, guess they were busy or something but then its all good. Thank God for Google and other helpful blogs, though I have not learnt everything there is to blogging but I know I would get there………. Eventually!!!
Lesson 1: whatever you want to do, just get on with it…………….. yea its not usually easy at first, but with time you would get there. A saying goes thus “ if you can think it, you can do it” , remember ideas rule the world. Make sure you are passionate and love what you are doing…………….passion is like a fuel, the energy that drives you. Never give up until you get there. Persistence pays!!!!!
Watch out for the second series

No comments: